Web pages with the tag have been added within the last two weeks.
Web pages with the tag have been awarded a Cool Linux Site award by Linux Journal.
If you know of a Linux web site that should be added to this page, please let us know.
- A Linux Implementation of the Component Object Model
- This site wants to collect information and reactions before starting a project to implement COM on Linux.
- Another Linux Project Server
- Providing web space
and many other services to free linux programmers (Under free License).
- Berlin Consortium
- The Berlin project is a GUI windowing system on top of the CGI project. We incorporate the CORBA protocol, drag'n'drop, Unicode
and other nifty features of a modern GUI. Keywords are flexibility and speed. A
better alternative to X. Very beta, but NOT...
- Crystal Space: a free 3D engine
- Crystal Space is a free (LGPL) and portable 3D engine. It works under Linux, Windows, DOS, OS/2, Macintosh and Amiga. It supports portal based rendering with mirrors, colored lights, 3D sprites, alpha transparency, scripting, ...
- EPCKPT - A checkpoint utility for Linux Kernel
- A kernel based checkpointing utility for Linux. Checkpointing is the ability to save a running process' state for later restart.
- eXode -- Enhanced X Open Desktop
- A free desktop project to create a set of tools that are
integrated, but can still be used seperately.
- FreeTDS Project
- An open-source implementation of the TDS (Tabular Data Stream) protocol used by Sybase and Microsoft database clients. Supports dblib, ctlib, and odbc.
- GNOME is the GNU Network Object Model Environment. This project
intends to build a complete,
user-friendly desktop based entirely on free software,
using the GTK toolkit.
- HP Office Jet for Linux
- Home site for the linux-hpoj project.
The HP OfficeJet is a print/fax/pcfax/scan/copy multi use peripheral.
- Linux Advocacy Project
- Dedicated to the promotion of the Linux OS to commercial
application developers as a smaller, cheaper, and faster alternative.
- Linux Aptitude Test
- Establishing a quantitative measure to assist in
determining a person's knowledge and general
usefulness in Linux setup, configuration, and
- Linux Documentation Project
- The canonical set of Linux online and printed documentation.
- Linux Giveaway List
- Here you can find people who are willing to give away a Linux CD for the price of postage. Others offer to lend a CD locally or have deposited a CD with a local library. Hardware and literature is also being given away.
- Linux in Education
- seul-edu is the discussion list for those interested in using Linux for
education. This covers all aspects of educational uses of Linux, by teachers, pa
rents, and students.
- Linux Interface Project
- A group of programmers who decided that Linux users need a
nice graphical interface and a good library to accomplish
- Linux Motion Video (MJPEG)
- Linux Video Capture/Editing/Playback MJPEG solution project
Manufacturing PCI card with Linux as a target
platform, developing software driver for it
- Linux Router Project
- This project is about to begin work on their minimal root fs.
- Linux Standard Base
- The Linux Standard Base will help coordinate efforts to recruit software vendors to port and write products for Linux. Membership is free.
- Linux/AP+ Project
- Porting Linux to the AP1000+ Multicomputer.
- Mnemonic Browser Project
- Formerly called the Linux Browser Project. A project to
create, from the ground up, a web browser that is available as
- Description of Mozzila developers CD-R
including pre-built trees for Linux of Mozilla,
plus lots of useful extras.
- Objex project
- Developing an object model for Linux.
- Open Source Community-Corel Computer
- Corel Computer Corporation in co-operation with the Ottawa
Carleton Linux Users Group, are pleased to announce the Open Source
Community - Corel Computer Corporation Netwinder Development Project.
- PAPERS Project Home Page
- Purdue's Adapter for Parallel Execution and Rapid Synchronization.
- Project Andromeda
- A proposed MkLinux distribution.
- New tree-based filesystem that rivals ext2.
- SGI/Linux project page
- A project to port Linux to Silicon Graphics machines.
- Simple End-User Linux (SEUL)
- The goal of SEUL is to help Linux become an OS
that the average home/office user can install
and use productively.
- Slug is the result of severe insomnia and late night #linux irc-ing. Basicly if you need help at 4:00am we might be awake. (see addreses on page).
- Team Linux
- Team Linux is a group of Linux users trying to crack the RC5 encryption
scheme. Any Linux user can join at any time.
- The Beowulf Project
- A project to produce the software for off-the-shelf
- The Free Software Bazaar
- A place where people can offer money for the writing or extending of free software or documentation.
- The Free Trek Project Homepage
- The Free Trek project is an effort to build a space battle simulator that will run under Linux and other operating systems. Everyone is invited to contribute.
- The K Desktop Environment
- KDE is a powerful graphical desktop environment
for Unix workstations. It combines ease of use,
contemporary functionality and outstanding
graphical design with the technological
superiority of the Unix operating system.
Currently in Beta. Our centra...
- The Linux Cross-Reference Project
- A fully indexed, searchable and clickable hypertext presentation of
the Linux source code.
- The Linux Game Software Development Kit Project
- A project to provide Linux programmers a powerful, easy-to-use,
portable interface to make games and other multimedia software.
- The Linux Lab Project
- Intended to help people with development of
data collection and process control software for Linux.
- The Linux Projects Catalogue
- Find information about Linux projects/packages that are
in the design or coding stage.
- The Linux-GGI project
- A General Graphics Interface for Linux that will allow easy use
of graphic hardware and input facilities under the Linux OS.
- The Nirvana Project
- A new GUI system, where the look'n feel lies
on the user's side. Fully configurable, with new GUI concepts.
- The Trove Project
- Next generation internet software archiving.
http://www.topaz.kiev.ua/UMT.html Ultimate Mail Tool project
An e-mail reader developed in Topaz-Inform. The web site also
http://www.crocodile.org/UMT/UMT.html US Mirror.
- The Wine Project
- Wine is an emulator that allows MS Windows applications to
run on ix86 UNIX systems, including Linux.
the Windows emulator headquarters.
- tkWorld Project
- The tkWorld Project is focused on creating a GUI interface to the standard linux/unix shells and commands using Tcl/Tk. No longer will you have to type commands at the shell prompt and have trouble remember with the correct command line flag options.
- VMELinux - Linux for embedded VMEbus systems.
- With the VMELinux Linux system driver, one can access the VMEbus with an embedded Intel VMEbus board. With Linux as another choice in operating systems, the VMEbus has new possibilities.
- WineHQ is the site for Wine users and developers. Links to the linpro site should be removed, as it is not being maintained.