Here are links to all sorts of commercial Linux products and services. Don't forget these HOWTOs:
InterBase, an RDBMS system from InterBase Software, Inc.
X Terminals, using an embedded Linux system, and Linux on Flash Cards from IGEL.
Mesa/Vista, a web-based project management tool, from Mesa Systems Guild, Inc.
Mozilla source distribution (and tools) are available on CD-R from The Random Factory.
readyBase, a a dynamic and
embeddable relational database library with a high level C API, Perl and Java interfaces, from Dynamical Systems, Ltd.
Data Communications Protocol Suites, from GCOM, Inc. provides synchronous I/O using all sorts of protocols.
ShareTheNet, an Internet gateway and proxy server, from SoftwareSuperStore.
Java Dialog Builder, by SoftwareForge, Inc.
Freedom*Of*Choice*CAD, from SoftwareForge, Inc.
TextSurgeon, a programmers workbench, from SoftwareForge, Inc.
MkLinux Support, is available from Al Guerra Enterprises, Inc.
Canadian Linux Distribution, sells Linux CDs.
WipeOut, an integrated C++ an Java development environment, from softwarebuero m&b.
Eloquence, an integrated environment for development and execution of commercial applications is available from Hewlett-Packard.
Linux Handel Littmann, resells Cheap*Bytes CDs in Germany, as well as a variety of Linux products.
ixsoft, a Linux CDROM and software vendor in Germany.
Projector, a project scheduling tool from Morris Dovey.
C-Forge, and integrated development environment, by Code Forge Inc.
WebShell, an online file manager and editor, which allows users to manage their web site through a web browser, from Positive Software Corporation.
Linux Distributions and Merchandise
- All Linux Shopping Mall, carries a ton of Linux products.
- Arbor Software, a Linux reseller in the Netherlands.
- Caldera, Inc. offers the Caldera OpenLinux Base.
- CD-ROM Shop has many CDs, including Linux CDs.
- Cheap*Bytes sells many Linux products.
- Cheap*Bytes CDROMs, available in Germany.
- Cetus Technology, Australia
sells CDROMs and hardware.
- Craftwork Solutions,
produces the Craftworks Linux distribution.
- CS Software offers weekly updated Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs in Europe.
- DGC-NMS, carries Linux distributions and software, as well as some general computer hardware.
- DataClub Oy carry one of the widest selection of Linux software and books in Finland.
- Delix Computer GmbH, makers of the Deutsche Linux Distribution - DLD.
- DewPoint, carries Caldera and WordPerfect 7 for OpenLinux, as well as other software products.
- Greenbush Technologies Corporation offers a Debian CDROM subscription with Greenbush additions.
- Econtech Canada, carries Slackware CDROMs.
- Genesis Linux Systems, sells Linux CDROMs and software in the UK.
- InfoMagic, Inc., produces many CDROMs, including Linux archives. They also have an office to service customers in Europe.
- Linux-Kheops, a French Red Hat Linux distribution.
- Just Computers! distributes Linux products and books.
- Lasermoon, Ltd., distributors of the Linux-FT distribution.
- Linux Central, carries Linux books, CDROMs, and software.
- Linux Systems Labs sells lots of Linux books, software and other merchandise.
- NetCraft Australia, a Red Hat Linux Reseller in Australia.
- Pacific HiTech distributed many Linux CDROMs.
- Ramparts Management Group, a Canadian distributor of Linux products, such as Cyclades multiport boards and Caldera software packages.
- Red Hat Software offers the Red Hat Linux Distribution (Intel, Alpha, SPARC), Motif (Intel, Alpha, SPARC), and TriTeal CDE for Linux.
- ReadyNetGo has polo, sweatshirt and tshirts for Linux fans. They are robust enough to survive ping-of-death attacks.
- SSC, Inc. sell many Linux and Unix related products.
- Starvector Software sells many Linux and related CDROMs.
- Stat Design, Inc., sell Linux shirts, mousepads and mugs.
- S.u.S.E makes a Linux distribution in English, and German, and sells Linux books as well.
- The Linux Clothing Project, has Linux tshirts.
- TransAmeritech Systems Inc. makes the LinuxWare distribution.
- TurboLinux, a Linux distribution from Pacific HiTech, Inc.
- Unifix Linux, a POSIX.1 compliant Linux distribution from Unifix Software GmbH.
- Universal CDROM resells 1500 CDROMs, including Linux software.
- Walnut Creek CDROM, home of the "Slackware 96" distribution, and many other popular CDROMs.
- WorkGroup Solutions, Inc., makers of the "Linux Pro" distribution. Find out why Mark Bolzern, president of WGS, Inc. thinks Linux is significant.
- Yggdrasil Computing, Inc., producers of the Plug and Play Linux CDROM.
Books and Magazines
- 3DGO, a raytracing, animating and modeling package from ELECTROGIG Technology. They also have Linux benchmarks for their software.
- Across Lite, a multi-platform crossword solving and printing software from Literate Software Systems.
- Acrobat, from Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Applixware Office Suite, featuring an integrated and easy-to-use set of office tools by Applix, Inc.
- BB Stock Pro an investment tool to do stock charting, technical analysis, market timing, and portfolio management, from Falkor Technologies.
- Caldera offers Wabi (a Microsoft Windows emulator), WordPerfect, Netscape's FastTrack server and navigator, Sun's Java Development Toolkit, Star Division's StarOffice Productivity Suite, Appgen Business Software's PowerWindows Accounting Package, and Caldera's OpenDOS software.
- CCVS (Credit Card Verification System), from HKS Inc.
- Cliq, from Quadratron Systems provides a text processor, spreadsheet and other office automation products.
- Clustor, a program for managing distributed computational tasks from Active Tools, Inc.
- Corel WordPerfect 7 has been ported to Linux by the Software Development Corporation.
- The CRiSP Editor, from Vital, Inc.
- CrossWind Technologies, developer of Synchronize and CyberScheduler calendaring and scheduling software.
- An online version of the Deluxe American Heritage Dictionary with Roget's II Thesaurus is now available from DUX Software.
- Edith Professional, a powerful and easy-to-learn text editor for X11 is available from ZFC.
- ARDI's Executor, a full-featured Macintosh emulator for Linux.
- EZ-EDIT, an online HTML editor, from Relative Web Services.
- FacetWin, Windows to Unix connectivity software and FacetTerm, a terminal emulator by FacetCorp.
- Freedom Software offers the Freedom Desktop an easy-to-use yet powerful desktop manager/GUI integrated to the Linux environment.
- HotWire EasyFAX, by Unisource Systems, Inc.
- IPAD, an interactive GUI vector drawing package.
- Independent Insurance Agency software from Compuwork.
- Ishmail, a X-based mail program from H&L Software, Inc.
- KDK Ltd., is offering multimedia CDROMs about musical artists, containing audio, video and information about the artist.
- Mapedit by Boutell.Com, a shareware imagemap editor.
- MATCOM, a Matlab to C++ compiler from MathTools Ltd.
- Wolfram Research's Mathematica software package.
- Matlab, by MathWorks, Inc.
- MARC Designer, a linear finite element analysis program.
- Megahedron, by Syndesis Corporation, a powerful 3D graphics engine controlled by a simple, high-level interpreted language.
- Metro Link, Inc.'s Metro-X high performance X server for Linux.
- The MpegTV Player, a realtime software MPEG video player, and Netscape Plug-in version, by MpegTV LLC.
- NetZIP, the worlds 1st Network zip product by Software Builders International, Inc..
- NExS, the Network Extensible Spreadsheet, from X Engineering Software Systems (XESS Inc.).
- P+owerGraph, a scientific data visualization and graphical editing tool from PowerRoar Software Ltd.
- pageBot, wireless text messaging software from Strategic Open Solutions Group.
- PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) from PGP, Inc.
- printFACTORY, an application for small printing companies, from Software AG (German).
- Qbib bibliography manage software and Qtime time tracking software by Herrin Software Development, Inc.
- Rendezvous, real-time workgroup collaboration software from VisualTek Software.
- ScanShop (scanner software), OCRShop, and PostShop (PostScript printer software for non-PS printers), from Vividata, Inc.
- Silent Messenger Paging from MessageNet Systems, a multiuser client/server paging gateway.
- SPATCH paging software and email forwarding software, from the Hyde Company.
- StarOffice, a set of productivity applications by Star Division, GmbH.
- SuperScheduler, a comprehensive UNIX network job scheduling system from Super Solutions, Inc.
- SoundStudio, a multi-track recorder, mixer and effect software from Ceres Software.
- TeraSpell 97, an emacs/xemacs spell checker, from Teragram, Inc.
- Visual SlickEdit, a multi-language programmer's editor from MicroEdge, Inc.
- Xclamation desktop publishing, XQuad spreadsheet, XAllWrite word processor, and the XMayday HTML browser from Axene, Inc.
- xpgmail a multi-language email editor and reader from PanGlot Software. The reader is freely available.
- Development Tools, Languages and Libraries
- ACUCOBOL, a COBOL development environment, from Acucobol.
- APPX, a 4GL RAD solution from APPX Software, Inc.
- Another Programmer's Editor (APE), a menu-driven integrated development environment, by Acadix Software Systems.
- CM3, a native object cross-platform compiler from Critical Mass, Inc.
- Comeau C++, a cross platform C++ solution from Comeau Computing.
- The D-ISAM development package, from Byte Designs.
- Diffpack, from Numerical Objects, a C++ numerical library for building simulation software.
- Distributed COM (DCOM), a port of Microsoft's Component Object Model (COM - ActiveX and OLE) will soon be available for Linux, ported by Software AG.
- Personal Eiffel, a complete software development environment, from ISE.
- Faircom Corporation, makes many database development and client-server products.
- FileDrive, a secure FTP client and server, from the Extranet Software Company.
- FlagShip, a programming environment from WorkGroup Solutions, Inc.
- FontScope, a rasterizer library for Type 1 scalable fonts (sometimes also called PostScript), from CurveSoft.
- Absoft's FORTRAN compilers and tools.
- The GNUstep/MediaBook Developer CD is available from NET-Community.
- Galileo, a VHDL and Verilog circuit synthesizer, by Exemplar Logic, Inc.
- HPFPlus, a distributed FORTRAN compiler and debugger from N.A. Software Ltd.
- IDL (Interactive Data Language), a data analysis and visualization package from Research Systems, Inc.
- Inferno, a new network operating system from Bell Labs.
- JAZZ++, a MIDI sequencer by JazzWare.
- JClass Chart, a Java Bean component that can embed graphs and charts into applications, from KL Group, Inc.
- KAI C++, a multi-platform C++ compiler from Kuck & Associates, Inc.
- Khoros Pro, a data analysis and visualization library from Khoral Research, Inc.
- MLWorks, a SML (Standard Meta Language) programming environment, from Harlequin.
- Numerical Algorithms Group provides a FORTRAN compiler, as well as FORTRAN libraries.
- NDP FORTRAN, for Linux Alpha systems is availible from Microway, Inc.
- ObjectManual, a C++ to HTML, MIF & Java documentation generator is available from ObjectSoftware, Inc.
- OmniBasic, a structured dialect of Basic, by Computer Design Lab.
- OR-Objects, a Java library for developing Operations Research applications, by DRA Systems.
- PStill, a shareware PostScript to PDF converter.
- Perforce Software, Inc. offers a multi-platform client/server code manager.
- Pixel!FX, a familiy of imaging and scannig products, by Mentalix.
- The Portland Group's parallelizing compilers and tools, for FORTRAN, C and C++ are available for Linux.
- Resource Standard Metrics, a C and C++ code analysis, metrics and complexity tool, from M Squared Technologies.
- SIMLIB IG, a C library which enables communication with Evans & Sutherland graphics Supercomputers (so called image generators), from KNIENIEDER Simulationstechnik KG.
- Source Integrity, a software configuration management system from Mortice Kern Systems Inc.
- TestDesigner, a tool for non-intrusive software and hardware compatibility testing, performance, and benchmarking of Linux-based applications from Eastern Systems, Inc.
- Tower Technology Corporation, offers TowerEiffel (TE), TE Booch Components and TE Motif Components.
- VBVM, a MS Visual Basic 5 virtual machine, by Softworks Ltd.
- VARKON, a high level development tool for CAD and engineering applications.
- VBIX Visual Basic, from Halcyon Software, Inc.
- Visix Software's VIBE, a Java development environment.
- Visual Numerics, Inc. offers products for developing network-centric applications with visual and numerical requirements.
- View Designer/X, a Motif interface builder, from Bredex GmbH.
- Willows RT for Tornado, a real-time embedded market development package designed by Wind River Systems, Inc.
- Workload Manager, load-balancing, high-availablity web server software, from BSCSoft.
- Xi Graphics, offers accelerated X servers, Common Desktop Environment (CDE), OSF-certified Motif and development tools, and SGI-certified OpenGL.
- XMove, software for designing, prototyping and testing GUI software systems, from Future Technologies.
- Database Software
- ADABAS D, database server from Software AG.
- DBIX ODBC/SQL Database Engine, from Halcyon Software, Inc.
- Empress RDBMS, a relational database management system for embedded applications by Empress Software, Inc.
- ESQLFLEX, INFOFLEX-4GL, QUERYFLEX, and ACCOUNTFLEX are Informix-compatible packages, available from INFOFLEX, Inc.
- Integra4 RDBMS, a DBMS package by Coromandel Software Ltd.
- KE Texpress, an Object-Oriented Database system.
- Kubl RDBMS, with ODBC and OO features, from Defender Technology.
- Data Access Driver Suite (comprising ODBC, JDBC, and UDBC Drivers) from OpenLink Software.
- Database Manager++, and Velocis Database Server, by Raima Corporation.
- Recital, a fully-functional Relational Database Management System and Fourth Generation Environment (RDBMS and 4GE).
- Revolutionary Software's RDBMS Package.
- SOLID Server, a plug-and-play RDBMS server from Solid Information Technology, Ltd.
- Just Logic Technologies' SQL Relational Database Relational System.
- Qddb, a database suite is available from Herrin Software Development, Inc.
- YARD-SQL, an RDBMS system by YARD Software GmBH.
- Networking Software
- CDFILE, a CDROM NFS server is available from PSO.
- Digital Showbiz Ltd. has released newsBot, mailBot, siteSee, and linkCheck for Linux.
- DynIP allows dial-up users to register a static personalized domain name that always refers to their dynamic IP address, from CanWeb Internet Services, Ltd.
- GBB, a generic blackboard-system product Blackboard Technology.
- Hawkeye, a Internet/intranet server suite, from Hawkeye Software.
- I-NET Ticker Tape, a client/server software system which provide information to remote clients on request by virtualBase, Inc.
- The Message Broadcast System, a multi-channel system designed for broadcasting messages over the Internet.
- MPAS, a customizable, system interface that allows Windows and DOS users controlled and secure access to personal or shared files on the network, by Strategic Forecasting.
- Mike Gleason's high-performance NcFTPd.
- NetEval, a LISP-to-LISP connectivity package from Blackboard Technology.
- Netbula's powerRPC, a RPC development tool.
- Regulus, a real time management system for Internet Service Providers (ISPs), from SAFE Inc.
- SNIPIX, an SNA over TCP/IP application from Heterogenius Systems Limited.
- TeamWave Workplace, an Internet groupware product to provide shared electronic workrooms, from TeamWave Software Ltd.
- TranSend, by Advanced Network Products, Inc. is a development toolkit that allows rapid construction of real-time client/server and distributed applications.
- ZanNet, provides a Windows 95 network drive that maps to a single process, single client server running under a standard Unix shell account.
- System Administration Software and Utilities
- Arkeia, backup software from Knox Software.
- BACKUP/9000, backup software from ORBiT Group International.
- BRU, the Backup and Restore Utility by Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.
- CTAR backup software, from UniTrends.
- Internet Security Systems makes security software available for Linux.
- LanSafe III, UPS power management software from Deltec Electronics.
- LjetMgr, software to manage Hewlett-Packard LaserJet printers from softWorks.
- OfficeSoft, offers many utilities and tools for system administrators.
- Power Boot, a boot manager utility.
- PartitionMagic, a safe repartitioning program for Linux, OS/2, and others by Powerquest, Inc.
- PerfectBACKUP+, from Unisource Systems, Inc.
- System Commander, a multi-OS boot loader from V Communications, Inc.
- Telaxian Shield, a Firewall system from Network Engineering Technologies.
- UPS & Power Management Software, from Exide Electronics.
- World Wide Web (Applications, Tools and Utilities)
- Awethor, a Java-based web authoring tool, from CandleWeb.
- Bazaar Analyzer Pro, a Java-based web monitoring and analysis tool created by Aquas, Inc.
- Binary Evolution makes the Velocity Engine for Perl (VEP) and the Velocity Engine for TCL (VET) Netscape server plugins.
- BugNet, a WWW-based bug tracking system has been released by Hickman-Kenyon Systems, Inc.
- e.prize, an environment for creating and managing web sites by NovaLink, Inc.
- EiffelWeb, from Interactive Software Enginnering, is a library to help develop CGI scripts with Object Technology and Eiffel.
- Extranet Software for business over the Internet, by Differential, Inc.
- FootPrints, a web-based helpdesk system, available from UniPress Software, Inc.
- FrontPage Server Extensions for Linux are now available from Ready-To-Run Software.
- Gustar Site Search Engines and Hx CGI toolkit for online databases by Herrin Software Development, Inc.
- H.E.I. GmBH's heitml, the hyper "extended interactive" text mark-up language, a server side extension of HTML.
- HTMLView Widget, a widget to render text and images for HTML, by Computer Generation, Inc.
- htmlscript, a server side scripting language by Htmlscript Corporation.
- InterBoard, a Web-based threaded discussion system.
- Innovate Software's InvisibleWeb & Offline Proxy Server.
- LinkScan, a linkchecker and map builder from Electronic Software Publishing, Inc.
- Matrice W3 System (MWS), a web presence package from Matrice.
- Integrated Intelligence Corporation has released a Multi-language Search Engine for multi-language Web site searches.
- NetTracker, a web site usage tracking package from Sane Solutions, LLC.
- NewsWire, a specialized mini WWW browser that presents information in a ticker-tape manner.
- OpenPath Web, a development environment to help create web applications, from Trilogy Technology.
- Progressive Networks makes RealAudio/RealVideo servers.
- RIPmaster, an online development and design system for creating online graphical services, from Advanced Systems Research.
- RMONX, a Web based SNMP network management system available from Cyber Professionals, Inc.
- Stronghold, a commercial version of the Apache WWW server, uses "Secure Sockets Layer" (SSL), a cryptographically strong protocol to protect sensitive information over the WWW.
- TEAMate, a package of Web server applications from MMB Development Corporation.
- VirtuFlex, a tool for building dynamic Internet and Intranet applications with databases (via ODBC and JDBC), fax and email, by VirtuFlex Software.
- Vosaic, Inc. offers Vosaic, a Netscape Navigator plugin, supporting real time video over the Internet on telephone dial up connections.
- TalentSoft's Web+, a web-based application developing platform.
- WebAdmin, a server-side on-line Web editor from InfoMedQue Inc.
- WebCheck, a website administration tool that helps you manage, modify, and maintain your website, from Cutternet.
- Web Crossing, a conferencing server for the intranet/extranet and World Wide Web providing discussion forums and chat rooms by Lundeen & Associates.
- Webglimpse, a WWW search engine, from Internet WorkShop.
- WebTech C++, a C++ class library for creating web pages and CGI applications, created by Tech Development and Consulting.
- WebThreads, a web site interactivity and visitor tracking product.
- WebTime, a web-based time and attendance tracking product for engineering departments and consultancies, by journyx.
- WEBworx, a Web server kit by WorkGroup Solutions, Inc.
- YARC Systems Corporation, has developed an Internet and intranet aware PostScript RIP server, controlled by an HTML interface.
- Zeus Web Server, from Zeus Technology Limited.
- 3Dfx video board drivers.
- AUDIOTRIX 3D-XG sound card with MIDI, from Mediatrix.
- Modem Multiplexer, by ADX.
- BusLogic SCSI drivers and information, for Mylex boards.
- BVM Ltd (email email@example.com), has ported Linux to the BVME4000 and BVME6000 VMEbus architecture.
- Comtrol Corporation, makers of the RocketPort multiport serial board, with Linux drivers available.
- Computone, Inc. has Linux drivers for intelligent multiport boards.
- Crystal LAN CS8900 and CS8920 ISA ethernet boards.
- Cyclades Corporation makers of the Cyclom intelligent multiport serial boards, terminal servers and routers.
- Digi International now offers officially supported Linux drivers for Digi multiport serial boards.
- Digital Video Systems, Inc., is supporting the Plextor MegaPleX 200 Disc CDROM changer under Linux.
- Emerging Technologies, Inc. manufacture
high-speed serial boards capable of handling Frame Relay and DS1 line speeds.
- Equinox has released Linux drivers
for their intelligent multiport serial boards.
- GTEK, Inc. makes dumb and intelligent multiport serial boards.
- InterCam, a telerobotic system that offers interactive video over the web, developed by Perceptual Robotics, Inc.
- Intelligent multiport serial boards, from Maxpeed.
- Myricom offers Gigabit-per-second LAN hardware with drivers for Linux.
- NetAquire 3000, a network data aquisition server for processing analog real-time data, by Real Time Integration.
- NetTerminal, from Boundless Technologies.
- Network technologies, Inc. makes several video switches which allows systems to share monitors.
- OSS/Linux, from 4Front Technologies provides sound card drivers for most popular sound cards and supports digital audio, MIDI, Synthesizers, and mixers.
- Olicom has released Linux drivers for many of their token-ring adapters.
- Sangoma Technologies, Inc. sells high-speed serial boards for frame relay, PPP and X.25 WAN applications.
- SDL Communications, Inc. sells cards for 56 Kbps, 64 Kbps, DS1 and DS3 connections, some with internal CSU/DSUs.
- Specialix intelligent multiport serial boards.
- SpellCaster Telecommunications, offers BRI and PRI ISDN boards, with Linux drivers.
- Ten X Technology, makes high capacity CDROM and recordable CD servers.
- Quickcam Drivers, from Crynwr Software are available for Linux.
- RAStel, a multimodem board with two or four V.34+ modems, by Moreton Bay Ventures.
- XVScan, scanning software for HP ScanJet scanners from tummy.com, Ltd.
- Video Network Computer, a Linux-based network computer from Corel Computer Corporation.
Consulting and Services
- Announce Communications, will provide Linux server housing, with network access.
- BitWizard Device Driver Service, writes Linux device drivers.
- Design Science Labs (uses Linux exclusively).
- Advanced System Lab.
- Apache Digital Corporation, sells custom Intel, Alpha, and SPARC systems.
- ApeX Systems Integration Corp. offers pre-installed Intel Linux systems.
- Aspen Systems Inc., sells Linx Alpha-based workstations.
- Carrera Computers, Inc. offers Linux Alpha workstations.
- Cobalt Microserver, sells Internet-ready server "Qubes".
- Cosmos Engineering Co. provides "Linux On A Disk", featuring hard disks preloaded with Linux.
- DCG Computers, Inc. sells preloaded Intel and Alpha Linux machines.
- Hard Data Ltd (email firstname.lastname@example.org) offers complete Linux systems.
- InTerNet-LINK, Linux machines in Internet gateway configurations, from Illimite, Inc.
- Kachina Technologies, Inc.
- Linux Hardware Solutions, Inc. specializes in Intel and Alpha Linux systems.
- Microway packages complete DEC Alpha workstations.
- NekoTech, Inc. sells DEC AlphaStations with Linux preloaded.
- Nene Information Systems, sells pre-installed Linux systems, and consulting.
- Netactive Systems, Ltd., sells turnkey Intel and Alpha Linux Servers and Workstations.
- Pacific Internet WEBCUBE, a turnkey Internet server running Linux.
- Polytex Computer, builds turn-key Linux Intel systems.
- Promox Systems sells a wide variety of hardware and software, including Linux Intel, Alpha and SPARC systems.
- Quant-X, sells Linux Alpha workstations.
- SW Technology, sells Intel and DEC Alpha Linux systems.
- Spire Technologies, sells preloaded Linux Intel workstations.
- Telenet Systems Solutions.
- VA Reseach.
- WebMan Information Systems.
Last Modified: May 19, 1998 by Greg Hankins